Paul concluded his epistle to the Hebrews with some brief teachings and statements of counsel. Read Hebrews 13 and find statements about the following questions:
• How should we treat strangers and those “in bonds”? We treat them like anyone else. Everyone has their issues, trials, and whatever else life throughs at them. What I think this trying to teach is that we must treat these people with kindness and show that we are neither above them or below them. I think it is hard though and this chapter really does show away and an understanding of why we need to show kindness.
• How is marriage looked upon? It is honorable. It is scared thing that we do in this church.We aren’t just married here on earth, but we are sealed together for all time and eternity. Marriage isn’t just something that we check off the check list of life. No, it is something that so special and it needs to treated that way.
• What warnings are given about covetousness? We need to be content with what we have and not want. It’s ok to want things, but if we are not careful with our wants then it can take over us. It can consume and destroy relationships and ourselves.
• What is “the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever”? Christ. He will never change. It is like the church, it didn’t change the principles in the old testament and it is not going to change now. It’s a beautiful thing, with the world changing so much and it is a comfort to know that there is one thing in your life that will never change.
• How are we sanctified? Because of Christ and he shed is blood for us then we were made clean in a sense. He payed for all of our sins so that we could be clean.
• How do we respond to those who rule over us? We respect them. If they rule over us and are ruling the right way then we must respect authority.
• Who did Paul ask the people to pray for? he asked for them to pray for everyone that they may be able follow the commandments and that they maybe able to stay true to the church.